We’re Hiring a Sales Consultant
Job Description – Superior Hyundai Inc.
- Selling and leasing new and used vehicles through the dealership as per customer satisfaction and dealership standards.
Essential duties in accordance with Superior Hyundai guidelines include the following (note that other duties may be assigned):
- Approach, greet, and offer assistance or direction to all customers who enter the dealership showroom or sales lot in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Satisfy the transportation needs and wants of vehicle purchasers.
- Assist customers to purchase/lease vehicle by asking appropriate questions and by listening to and recording their responses on paper to determine their needs & wants.
- Fully and clearly explain the product benefits, performance, and applications to customers (demonstrate the vehicle thoroughly before a test drive).
- Present vehicle through a test drive to all prospects and follow dealership policies for test-drives. Proper identification must be obtained from the customer prior to test drive.
- Utilize dealership sales and follow-up systems.
- Exhibit a high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Know, understand, and practise all federal, provincial, and local laws that govern retail automobile sales.
- Establish personal income goals consistent with dealership standards, and devise strategies to achieve the goals. Annual, quarterly, and monthly business plans must also be formulated, tracked, and measured on an on-going basis.
- Attend product, sales training, and development sessions as well as all sales meetings as requested by Sales Manager.
- Ensure that Sales Manager has the opportunity to meet all customers.
- Turn all deals over to the Finance & Insurance Specialist with all required documents and properly completed paperwork.
- Write complete sales orders and process paperwork in accordance with dealership policies.
- Prepare vehicle for customer delivery in accordance with dealership guidelines prior to customer arrival and deliver vehicle to customer, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty, and paperwork.
- Introduce customer to the dealership department personnel (i.e. – Service, Parts, etc.) and emphasize the efficiency of the services available from the departments.
- Schedule the customer’s first service appointment at time of delivery and provide to customer on reminder card.
- Develop and utilize follow-up systems to encourage repeat and referral business and to contribute to customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a prospect development system and record daily actions to manage and utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Independently govern yourself to ensure you are doing all you can to attract business to the dealership.
- Meet personal goal for number of vehicles sold and leased.
- Display current knowledge of optional equipment available for customers to purchase (i.e. accessories, service contracts, rust proofing/undercoat, etc.).
- Follow through with post-delivery issues to ensure all customer expectations are met and that issues are resolved.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct.
Must be flexible, willing, and able, to work long hours on occasion. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential duties. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Education and/or Experience:
- Some retail experience preferred.
- Minimum education required is Secondary School Diploma; College/University education is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and converse in English is required; ability to read, write, and converse in French is highly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of equity and values and ability to explain depreciation to the customers.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics and understand decimal and fraction systems.
- Use reason and appropriate judgement to understand customers’ behaviour in order to assist the customer effectively in their purchase decision.
- Ability to use understanding (common-sense) to carry out detailed instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems and to seek assistance in problem solving.
Certificates, licences, registrations:
- Valid driver’s licence required.
- OMVIC (Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council) certification.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Long periods of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Ability to assist in clearing snow from vehicles and parking lot.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the physical demands.
The environmental characteristics described below are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Noises typical in a showroom: loud speakers, high traffic, loud talking.
- Professional, customer service-oriented atmosphere.
- Being prepared for all weather conditions (i.e. – rain, snow, heat).
E-Mail Resumes to Kevin Hurdis at email@example.com
Hours of Operation
- Service & Parts
Monday - Thursday
8:00am - 7:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 4:00pm
Service & Parts
Service & Parts
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday - Sunday